Special Educational Needs and Disability
Leeds Early Years Association’s SENCO Sharon Hargreaves is responsible for the SEND provision at both our Preschools. She works closely with Parents and Carers and a range of professionals to ensure we are offering the right support for your child.
What We Do
Leeds Early Years Association is committed to ensuring that our settings are fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children. We provide an environment in which all children with special educational needs and disabilities(SEND) are supported to reach their full potential by ensuring we:-
• Comply with Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
• Have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEND .
• Support and involve parents, children, actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns.
• LEYA works in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
• LEYA regularly monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
SENCO – Sharon Hargreaves
As a parent of a child with SEND I feel I have a good understanding of the difficulties parents and children face on a daily basis. Good support can help make such a difference. Unfortunately this support isn’t always available or some parents find it difficult to access. I feel that across our settings with the experience of our different practitioners we can continue developing a great support network for parents and children. This goes for all families not just those with SEND. Through working closely with other professionals and families I would hope to build on our reputation. I know we have OFSTED outstanding but there is a great deal to be said for parental recommendations too.